Click "register" button at bottom left to get started.
Members, please log in to ensure your discounted registration rate.
Keynote Speaker: Michael Iwama, PhD, MSc, BScOT
Pioneer of the Kawa Method
Michael Iwama, PhD, MSc, BScOT, is Dean of the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, and Professor in the Department of Occupational Therapy at Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions.
Dr. Iwama is widely recognized for having developed the Kawa Model (‘Kawa’ is Japanese for ‘River’), the first substantial model of practice in the rehabilitation sciences developed outside the English-speaking world. The Kawa Model is now taught in over 600 health professions education programs internationally and used in practice across six continents. He has emerged as a very important and progressive thinker in the fields of occupational therapy and rehabilitation sciences worldwide.
Breakout Sessions Offer 16 CEUs
Get your year's CEU requirement in one place for one low price. Breakout sessions covering current topics such as the occupational therapy profession's role in the opiod crisis, managing mental health in educational settings, orthosis fabrication, supporting patients with autism, creative functional treatment techniques and more. For a detailed look at the available breakout sessions, view the agenda.
View a speakers list, alphabetical by last name.
SCOTA 2020 Annual Conference has gone green!
SCOTA is using the Whova event app to reduce paper waste. Download the Whova app today and start exploring. This app will include the course evaluations, streamlining the CEU credit process. Just click your devise type below to get started:
Blackberry or Windows Phone users
Get the most out of the app and have a more productive experience:
- NAVIGATE the event agenda and logistics, even without Wi-Fi or data.
- NETWORK effectively. Plan whom to meet by exploring attendee profiles and sending out messages.
- PARTICIPATE in event activities through course evaluations, session likes, comments, photo sharing, and more.
* Please note, meals are not included in registration fees. Attendees are responsible for meals on their own. *
UPDATE: The SCOTA room block at Hampton Inn Downtown Columbia Historic District is full.
Nearby hotels with a similar room rate that may have availability include:
Please contact these hotel directly to inquire about availability.
SCOTA has a staggered cancellation/refund policy:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-779-7009 with any questions.
- 100% refund on 2020 Annual Conference cancellations made on or before January 31, 2020.
- 50% refund on 2020 Annual Conference cancellations made February 1 – 14, 2020.
- No refunds on cancellations made on or after February 15, 2020.
Thank you to our Platinum Sponsor, Virco!
View the Conference Vendors